Let’s call a spade a spade: I’ve been slacking on posting regularly here. Don’t believe me? Scroll down to the post before this one. Yeah, its been a while. I can say that I’ve been busy and blah, blah, blah, but that’s some bull we can all smell.
The truth is that I love thinking of new things to post here. In fact, I have multiple lists in multiple journals, devices and slips of paper full of new post ideas. And, you’ll get to read them all soon. I promise (for real this time).
This post in particular was inspired by a Facebook group post from multimedia journalist Samantha Callender. We both contribute to Her Agenda, an information and inspiration hub for millennial women. She asked our group of contributors if anyone knew of some email subscription lists that she could sign up for to stay up-to-date on great opportunities.
I subscribe to a good amount of neat e-newsletters that I’ve been meaning to share out for months. Literally, months. I just never got around to it, until now.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Internet, may I present to you: 14 E-Newsletters You Should Subscribe To Right Now
Oh, and in case you’re wondering: No, email isn’t dead.
Hopefully these will help you bide time while I work on posting more regularly.
Thanks for the inspiration, Samantha!
- Unstuck Advice: Inspiration and advice to help you live a better life everyday from the creators of the Unstuck productivity app.
- The Skimm: An early morning briefing of current events written in the tone of your overly-perky co-worker who doesn’t understand that you haven’t had caffeine yet, but she’s nice (and, smart) so you tolerate her early morning perkiness.
- Brainpickings: A weekly digest of interestingness. That’s all you need to know because it’s just that good.
- Today in Tabs: A cross-section of the cool things you missed on the Internet today.
- Cassandra Daily: This daily newsletter features a themed, curated selection of trends you should know about.
- Create Daily: I think they say it best: “Awesome gigs and opportunities for creative talent.” Sign-up for The Opportunity Daily AND The Weekly Gig newsletters. You’ll thank me later.
- Smatterings: Entrepreneur Saya Hillman curates a twice-monthly newsletter of goodness (inspiration, tips, opportunities and more) that you’ll be excited to receive in your inbox.
- The Muse: Career advice delivered straight to your inbox so you can stress less about success.
- Learnvest: Daily tips to help you stylishly live within your means.
- Contently: If you work in communications then this is a must-read because it’s full of insights about powerful storytelling. ‘Nuff said.
- Quartz Daily Brief: A straight-forward and straight-to-the-point run-down of the day’s top stories from the editors of Quartz.
- WWD Morning Report: A briefing on all things fashion and retail from the editors of WWD.
- The Heretic: A newsletter with tips to help entrepreneurs get shit done.
- Now I Know: Learn something new everyday. Did you know carrots used to be purple? Now you know.
- NextDraft: Fascination curated by writer Dave Pell.
If there are any neat e-newsletters that you subscribe then please feel free to share with the class in the comments section.