It’s time to channel your inner Sporty Spice because the sporty chic look is back in a big way! Top designers like Vera Wang, Marc Jacobs, Tracy Reese and Karl Lagerfeld looked to the sports world for inspiration for their Spring 2014 collections. The result is a fusion of feminine looks with a masculine edge that can be just as comfortable as they are elegant.
While workout wear may not be in your company’s dress code I’ve selected seventeen style staples you can incorporate into your wardrobe to jump on the sporty chic trend.
1. ASOS Leather Cap ($34.30): Heads up! Let’s start up top with a leather baseball cap. The leather adds a dose of high-style to the traditional baseball cap.
2. Varsity Zip-Front Jacket ($79.99): You may not have been a varsity athlete in high school, but you can still look like one with a letterman jacket.
3. Dunk Sky Hi Sneakers ($150.00): These black grained-leather and snakeskin-print leather sneakers are sure to take your look to the next level.
4. Muscle Tee ($13.50): Show a lil muscle and support your favorite team in style by rocking a team-centric tank.
5. Back in the Day Clutch ($28.00): This letterman-inspired clutch features “1993″ patches embroidered onto a jersey fabric casing. Perfect accessory to wear to brunch or to the big game.
6. Nation Two Part Chunky Sandals ($65.00): Cleated soles add a sporty edge to these colorful and chunky sandals.
7. DKNY Floral-Print Sweatshirt ($87.00): A graphic sweatshirt is an easy way to get in on the sporty chic trend. Dress it up with trousers or dress it down with jeans. Either way you’ll look like a winner.
8. Perforated Backpack ($68.00): Tote your belongings around town in a modern and cool perforated backpack.
9. Sport Mesh Nuri Ponte ($69.50): Mesh inserts are an easy way to incorporate a sporty edge into your look. This body-con skirt features sheer mesh detailing at the hemline.
10. Mesh-Trimmed Heathered Sweatshirt Dress ($138.00): Comfy, cozy and oh so chic! This heathered sweatshirt dress can be dressed up with heels or dressed down with sneakers.
11. Banana Leaf Joggers ($44.00): No need to break a sweat wearing these graphic joggers because your friends will be running to you to ask wear you got them.
12. 84 Box Clutch ($59.90): Bold numbers add a modern twist to the classic box clutch. Perfect for sitting court-side or for a night out on the town.
13. Abstract Scuba Knit Dress ($24.80): Make a splash with a scuba knit dress! The abstract pattern will show off your playful side and the black panels will show off your curves in the best possible way.
14. Baseball Button Up ($85.00): Hit a fashion home run with this baseball button-up designed by Dimepiece.
15. Drover Heel ($59.98): Mesh detail and a pop of color make these sky-high heels a glam take on the sporty chic trend.
16. Women’s Adidas Originals Borboflora Tank ($35.00): A colorful and bold floral pattern brings a new school spunk to the old-school sports tank.
17. Baseball Mirror Jacket ($238.00): Let’s finish off with this beautifully detailed baseball mirror jacket designed by Maison Scotch. Get a load of that embroidered and sequin detail.
Going sporty chic this season? Tell me how you plan to tackle this trend in the comments section.